Friday, August 30, 2013

August Favorites


Jesse McCartney - Back Together: The 9th grade girl that lingers inside me won't let this one go.

Ryan O'Shaughnessy - No Name: Ryan finished 5th during the 6th season of Britain's Got Talent and this is the original song he auditioned with. It's gorgeous.

Conor Maynard - Vegas Girl: Ignore the incredibly awkward music video and just dance instead.

Bastille - Pompeii: This should have been a "song of the summer" contender.

The Band Perry - Done: We all have someone we'd sing this to in our heads.

The Piano Guys - Begin Again: You can't really go wrong with the cello/piano combo.





SYTYCD - Top 8: I loved the concept of All Stars also as choreographers. It's amazing how much talent has run through that show. My two favorite numbers of the night:






The Newsroom - Red Team III: I really don't care what the critics continue to say about this show- I love it. The ep's promo:


It also had the best last two seconds of an show I've seen in a while, delivered perfectly by Jane Fonda.


Pretty Little Liars - Now You See Me, Now You Don't: Ahh, PLL. We meet again. You've become my favorite guilty pleasure no matter how many loose ends you leave dangling. The summer finale was full of #WorldWarA ridiculousness with the biggest reveal that (spoilers) Ezra is A!...or one of the A's...or on the A team...or was just following the girls trying to keep them safe? See what I mean about dangling ends? So many questions; about 99.4% of them unanswered.

My favorite thing the internets have given us so far concerning this episode:






HISHE (How It Should Have Ended) - Pacific Rim


New York City Ballet - Dancing Peter Martins' Swan Lake


Jasmine Meakin - "Talk Dirty" choreo


John Green - Why Are American Health Care Costs So High? (High five for the nerdfighter readers! Anyone out there? Anyone??)


NBC Sports - An American Coach in London















One of the top songs this summer that's been asking for it so badly.

Lies told via top notch graphic design.








Chic Graphique's Customized Laptop Sleeve - I'm a sucker when it comes to monograms. Mine is en route now:

L'Oreal BB Cream - Evidently there's a whole wealth of things you can put on your face that I didn't even know about. (What the heck is primer, amirite?) BB Cream is like all that good stuff combined. This is my first to every try (so I don't claim to be an expert) but I pretty much love it. Lightweight, non-greasy, and (best of all) CHEAP. 

Vera Bradley's Laptop Backpack - Since I'd been slugging around the same one for over five years, I decided to use my Vera birthday coupon this year on a new backpack. The laptop compartment is super handy and I of course know it's great quality.




What did I miss??

To many new September favorites!




No comments:

Post a Comment