Monday, August 5, 2013

#327

A few days ago I packed up the last of my things and moved out of Riverhill #327 for good. I instagrammed as much of my journey as I figured my few followers could take.


When I think about becoming an "adult" (still cringe when I say that) I'll think about 327. And when I think about what made DFW a home to me, I'll think about it too- how the only time I ever used my dining room table was to play Settlers of Catan with my home group. When Cory fell asleep while watching the opening ceremonies. Having girls' nights where we swore we were going to watch Mean Girls, but just wound up talking for six hours instead. Adopting a cat that thinks he's a dog and looks like a goat. You know, basic growing up things.



No matter how excited you are to get to the next place, leaving a home with such wonderful memories is a little depressing. I'm still in a bit of a melancholy funk, but that honestly could also be because I've been doing too much hate watching of Pretty Little Liars recently. That show enrages me. I'm at the beginning of Season 3 right now and here are some of my many questions:
  • How is Ezra Fitz not in jail?
  • Why do these girls keep leaving their phones/computers/zip drives that contain vital information on them out as a free for all for anyone to come along and pick up and ruin their cases/lives once again? And has anyone ever heard of a PASSWORD? Anyone besides Caleb?
  • Does this school system begin their day at like 11:00 am? Do they have half hour long passing periods? Where was that school when I was growing up?
  • How is Ezra Fitz not in jail?
  • What kind of high school has a "daddy-daughter" dance?
  • No one owns an iPhone? You drive a Lexus. Come on now.
  • Does Aria own a mirror? (see below)
(Nemos only belong on your shirt if it also says Disney World on it somewhere.)

  • Parents? What parents? Oh, no it's totally cool to just come home at like nine p.m. and leave again at 11 on a school night at age 16. "Where are you going?" "Out." "Oh, ok. That's a completely acceptable response from someone who's been legally allowed to drive for a hot two minutes."
  • Why is half of Toby Cavanaugh's screen time just spent with him staring intimidatingly at someone?
  • Why was ANYONE friends with Alison to begin with?
  • How did Jason transform from this guy to this guy?

I checked imdb. The first actor had nothing better to do.
  • How is. Ezra Fitz. Not. In. Jail.

I like this post because it proves I'm definitely not a full-fledged adult yet. Why? Because I just spent half my time talking about Pretty Little Liars.

To young adulthood!



No comments:

Post a Comment